Thursday, January 15, 2009

I just didn't see it coming.

There are just some things you don't expect to experience as a father...
1. Junior eating his first gumball out of a machine and saying ten minutes later, "It's good and all...just not like it was when I first got it though." Ah yes my son. There will be many more disappointments to come my son.
**Note** The Oedipus complex is straight for real. For those of you who don't know me very well, my kids have been trying to kill me since they were able. My left "boy" (as in "I got hit in the "boys"") is the size of a kiwi fruit due to Junior and 'Bella hitting it over the years. They have recently begun an assault on "righty". That being said...
2. Trey thumbed me in the eye and scratched at least my eye if not my soul today.
3. Junior getting out of the bathtub and saying, "Hey! When I jump up and down my penis bounces with me!"...and proceeding to jump up and down 300 times while giggling. Pan over to Rachel trying not to laugh by hiding behind a t-shirt she was folding (ala Randy Jackson hiding behind a piece of paper).
4. Junior praying before bed and saying, "Thank you Jesus that we have a great day tomorrow." Was he confused and should have said, "We pray Jesus that we would have a great day tomorrow."? Or is he in a beautiful childlike state and thanking Him knowing it to be true for it is God's Will? Out of the mouth of babes.
5. Bella praying every night and making not a bit of sense no matter how she is encouraged or directed. Not one identifiable word.
6. Junior finishing his prayer with the sweetest, "I love you Jesus." melting my heart.
7. Junior leaning over and whispering into Bella's ear two minutes later while I was praying and saying how thankful I was for their love for each other, "My prayer was longer than yours." to Bella.
8. Being momentarily excited over a two hour delay until realizing that Trey is not aware of that nor does he care and will be up in six hours regardless...sigh.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Sounds like Bella has the gift of tongues maybe? And have I ever mentioned that I love your kids? :) Trey doesn't have a whole lot to offer in the ways of humor yet, but from the sound of it - he'll get there.

Rachel said...

Maybe a little TMI, Dear. TMI...

Jay said...

I hear you dear. Sometimes you just have to go there and be cutting edge to communicate properly. It's how I roll.

Brian said...

Of course Hannah has to steal my tongues joke.

Jay said...

More "prayer language" than tongues.

Crafty P said...

oh the tmi. i love it. you and vin have a lot in common - our boys are also out to get his 'boys' (and his glasses).

I'm having a bit of identity crisis with your oldest. Should I refer to him as Joe or Junior? please help.

since both you and your wife have made similiar posts lately about cute/not so cute things your kids have done, I believe I'm due for one of those sometime soon. thanks for the inspiration