Saturday, January 10, 2009

Not everything is life changing serious...

Note to the Pittsburgh sports world. I have a few things for you to know...
1. It is not "Steeler Nation". There is only "Raider Nation". For every pro, college, HS, AAU, or Disney on Ice organization that uses the term "nation" I say....STOP IT! If you must, the Steelers can use the term "Country". There was a big banner at the Steeler games dating back to the 70's that said, "You are in: STEELER COUNTRY". I will allow that.
2. Steelers is pronounced (Steel' ers). If you are well versed and a habitual user of Pittsburghese then you may pronounce it (Still' ers). Under no circumstance may you use the bastardized Pittsburghese pronounciation of (Stiw' ers). Too many people from this region have sunk to new lows by replacing the letter "l" with a "w" ("Mira coow Moww shopping center" as an example, "Ow a gainy wi ver buww a vard" as another).
3. Stop saying "we" when you reference your favorite team and dying when they lose. Hines Ward does not lose sleep when you have a bad day at work, you shouldn't when he does either.
4. Matt Cavenaugh is dead. His doppleganger who knows nothing about offense or football has been coaching the Pitt offense for the past 3 or 4 years.
5. The Penguins....sigh.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Yes, I cringe every time I end up referring to all things Penn State as "we," but I can't stop. Makes me feel better whenever "we" win something, which I suppose is the whole point.