Friday, January 9, 2009

New blessings and time tested truth.

Rachel and I were talking last night. We were going over our evening and how our first small group for marriage went. It was great leading it and my passion for helping marriages operate the way God intended is growing everyday. It is helped and deepened by the way God continues to open my eyes and break my heart by showing me how many people have marriages that just don't work. God intended for us to be the solution to His first problem. Adam was alone. He had perfect communion and fellowship with God, but he was alone so he gave him Eve (He did not solve Adam's aloneness with more of Himself). The spouse was created to be God's primary provision of His love to his/her spouse. Do you see that? Sadly, it's rare. In God's great design, we were created to be married so we wouldn't be alone. Yet, when things aren't right in a marriage, you can't imagine feeling lonelier.
So there we were last night beginning a huge journey. Each couple has their story. Each one has what the world would say is a good relationship...and they do. Yet, God has so much more for them. The amazing thing is that He chose me to be a part of showing them...so blessed.
Rachel and I moved on in conversation to the time in our life when we were in the same stage of relationship as each of the couples. Wow. It's only been 12 years since we met but time goes by quickly. Things change. The night before I was not in a good way. I had begun to process some really difficult things earlier in the day. I then got some bad news a bit later. Then, I overreacted at something that happened that evening when we had some company. It wasn't the, "I'm not wrong, up yours!" kind of overreaction. I kept it contained and knew from the getgo that I was overreacting and it was because I had started to heal some hurts earlier in the afternoon. I was sensitive and vulnerable. Rachel was there not to react to my overreaction, but to comfort me and come by my side. She let God use her to fill my need for comfort. Thank you Lord...thank you Rachel.
One day later (last night) I was on cloud nine. So excited from a start to a whole new avenue for the Lord to work through me/us. So much can change over 12 years, even 24 hours. He doesn't though...never does. That I know to be true.

No comments: