Saturday, March 1, 2008

Pouring money down the drain...

Why do you suppose it is, that in this "green" world we live in, that there is no method to save all of the water that you waste while waiting for it to become hot? Now, don't get me wrong. I care about the environment but am far, far, far from being "green" or even caring (please stop back for my "Global Warming is a Crock of Endangered Polar Bear Crap" post). My complaint is monetary. You see, we here in Penn Hills used to save money on waste management by not managing it and pumping said waste directly into the river. Well, the EPA rightfully found that to be egregious and fined us 1 billion dollars (or something like that, may as well have been). For the past ten years rather than paying for it like we thought we were, we were just paying the interest. So, next year, our water costs $8.00 gallon (or something like that, I may be exaggerating by several 100%). This leaves me wishing that I had a way of not pouring money down the drain, waiting for it to get hot. And yet, none exists.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Ah, yes. One of my father's favorite ranting materials when it came to Penn Hills. I know this one well. Now it's just the traffic on McKnight, mainly. And the police officer who pulled him over at 4 am while he was on his way to work going perhaps a bit faster than he should have been.