Monday, March 17, 2008

March Sweetness!!!

Ok, I was going to post on some serious topics. The farce of Global Warming (yeah, it's a farce and I will post on it at some point), Barrack Hussein Obama's spiritual mentor being a racist hate monger http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/Obama_Church_Racism/2008/01/07/62285.html John McCain being 40% of the candidate I'd vote for (still leading by the way...sigh), the government aided/caused financial crisis are all topics I thought of perusing. As it is, a more lighthearted topic arose.
With the brackets for the NCAA tournament being revealed today and Pitt being predicted to win it all by Bobby Knight (read: "Hey Indiana, I used to be your coach, hire Jamie Dixon" out of that prediction) I had a fun, senseless, idea. Why not have the ultimate bracket of sweet things. No, not like Swedish fish dipped in corn syrup and rolled in pixie stix sweet, but sweet as in, "Dude, that is so sweeeeeet."
For example, it is so sweet when you hit a golf ball (or softball) so hard and perfect that you barely even feel it and it just flies. Another would be sleeping in on a chillyrainy day with the windows open while under many covers. A third would be when you think you really have to poop but when you sit on the toilet you let out a high near whistle "toot" that last for 10 glorious seconds.
So, I will compile a list of the first 65 things people suggest as the sweetest things. I will then reveal them and we will go over and eliminate them until we have the sweetest thing ever.
Here are the rules.
1. No entries related to God/Faith/Ministry. This would be unfair and make the rest of the entries trivial when the point is that they are all somewhat trivial.
2. Nothing x rated...'nuff said.
3. Nothing mean spirited. I deem what is mean (and I know mean).
4. All entries must be submitted before Wednesday at 11:59 p.m.
5. The top 65 will be revealed on Thursday.

Ok, here we go. I will take entries in person but will give special consideration to any entered through a comment to this page. By the way, the examples mentioned are already in the tourney.

ps-please do not wager on whether or not I will actually follow through on this.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Dang.....I missed the deadline! And I was thinking really hard about my entry! Since you haven't revealed the options yet, can I still play? If so, my "sweet moment" is this:
When you wake up in the morning and you think it's time to get up, and you look at the clock and it's actually really early, so you get to go make to sleep for a couple hours. THAT is sweet.

Courtney said...

seriously? That should say "back" to sleep. Maybe I should sleep more.

Jim said...

hitting a string of like 20 green lights in a row when you're driving down a busy highway (ex: McKnight Road or in a taxi down any avenue in NY)

-Jim

Crafty P said...

For me, the sweetest thing would be getting to go shopping for an entire day and having everything fit and look "cute" or "sassy" or "sexy". Everything would be on sale, of course, and I'd have some sort of coupon to get extra discounts! I would also get at least 2 pairs of the best fitting jeans and there would be no holes in the knees at all. I would not have to rush home to get dinner "on" or feed babies or anything of the sort.

other than that, I really liked the napping on a rainy/grey day with the windows open suggestion, J. Coupled with the sweet sound of the windchimes outside my window, too. Love that sound.

I see I'm late to the party... but... there are no winners yet, so maybe I'm not really that late. Is this on YL time?

lovely little blog you've got. I'll be quiet now.

Jay said...

A warm, bright, sunny morning on a Kennywood day. And not a school picnic day when you know it's going to be super crowded, but an "off" day with short lines......and staying until the music comes on to kick you out of the park. Ahhhhh, that's sweet.

~Rachel

Jim said...

I've got one more that piggybacks off of crafty p's idea. Going shopping for clothes and finding a shirt that fits perfectly. Then going to the register and the shirt is marked down to half price even though there's no sale tag on it. Just like an unexpected, but pleasant surprise. This happens pretty much every time I buy something at the Gap.

-Jim