Monday, February 25, 2008

New Christians....

I really wish there was an outlet to hear about people coming to know Christ. I believe each story is a miracle. Further, I believe that Christians who are stuck in their pews would have a much better chance of reaching out to others if they did in fact see that people could come to know Christ. Imagine the stories you would hear and the hope that they would give you for loved ones or people you are trying to love with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I have many of those stories stocked up after 11 years in ministry. I tell each of them from time to time. I think I will talk of them more often. Big Bill anyone? Jim Bradley? What about a little early "BVon"? Let me walk you through a guy I like to call, "Chris Gongaware". But wait, you don't know about Maura O'Donnel? You've never heard of Chris (ok, I forget his last name), Jenn Bergman, and the weird chick from Gateway? What about my boy that we got out of Shuman to go to camp? He had to paint every morning as community service.
The stories are many. Yet each of you who believe are a miracle as well (very often not as funny but a miracle). Start by telling your story. No, not all of the details of your sin. Just let people know how much the Lord means to you by living for Him today. Love someone, love them until they ask you why you care. Then, tell them how Christ loved you first, and loves them too. It's not hard.

No comments: