Tuesday, February 24, 2009

If you don't have kids you don't understand...

So I had to discipline Isabella Sunday night. Ok, I yelled at her. She was way too wound up for bed time and wasn't listening. I felt bad so I had a quiet moment with her. I said, "Bella, I want you to know that even though I get angry with you that I love you very much. Nothing will ever change that." She replied, "Really? You will always love me? Even if I put tweezers in your mouth?" Junior chimes in, "Even when we're dead?". Me, "Let's go to bed kids."
Yesterday I was not feeling well. I had some sinus congestion and had a bit of a headache (I never get headaches so any headache bothers me quite a bit). Yes, I engaged my "holistic don't get sick" solution and am better today. Anyhow, let's just say I was a bit "short" with the kids if not downright crabby. So, when Junior was taking a bath I told him, "Junior, daddy didn't feel well today. I'm sorry if I wasn't as fun as normal. I want you to know that I think that you are great and that I love you." As he was putting shamoo in his hands in the shape of a circle he replies, "Hey dad, it looks like a lemon." Well son, I'm glad we could have this talk...

2 comments:

Crafty P said...

oh yes. sometimes it seems we say these things for just ourselves to hear. but we need to say them for humility and b/c sometimes they do hear us! amen!

Holly Pettit said...

I can totally relate to this Jay! Good blog!